Vendor Solicitation Methods
- All procurement transactions entered into by the PHFH regardless of whether negotiated or advertised and without regard to dollar value shall be conducted in a manner so as to provide maximum open and free competition.
- Service Providers will be pre-qualified (Form Q) in order to participate in the bid process. New service providers will have the opportunity to pre-qualify and participate as part of or during a procurement process.
- Pre-qualification is not required with supplier only relationships but intent for best value applies.
- Pre-qualification is open and ongoing
- Proposals from qualified service providers will be solicited and evaluated based on predefined criteria
- Projects resources will be solicited as per project requirements and as specified.
- Building Products will be selected based on best quality and best price including green attributes and other external requirements as designated by the specific green building program requirements in which Paterson Habitat is participating.
- Paterson Habitat keeps records of vendor contacts and updates these records regularly
- Paterson Habitat seeks to avoid organizational conflicts of interest or non-competitive practices among contractors that may restrict or eliminate competition or otherwise restrain trade.
SBE, MBE, WBE & firms located in the area of a Paterson Habitat project
Paterson Habitat shall make efforts to ensure that small (SBE), minority-owned (MBE), women’s business enterprises (WBE) and individuals or firms located in or owned in substantial part by persons residing in the area of a Paterson Habitat project are qualified and procured when possible.
Paterson Habitat will do their best efforts to:
- Further seek such firms including through their partner organizations such as:
- Alliance of Supplier Diversity Professionals
- NAACP of New Jersey
- National Association of Purchasing Managers
- National Minority Supplier Development Council of NY/NJ
- National Minority Supplier Development Council of PA-NJ-DE
- New Jersey Association of Women Business Owners
- New Jersey Small Business Development Center
- Rutgers, Small Business Development Center
- Rutgers Supplier Diversity Business Directory
- North Jersey Chamber of Commerce
- The State of New Jersey, Office of Supplier Diversity
- Solicit such firms to participate in pre-qualification process while providing the opportunity for such firms to identify themselves as SBE, MBE, WBE and/or are local on the pre-qualification form with certification.
- Assist such firms with inquiries regarding Paterson Habitat's Procurement policy; smaller business owners have more inquiries.
- Encourage such firms to participate through direct solicitation of bids or proposals whenever they are potential sources.
- Provide opportunities for training, apprenticeship and employment for lower income residents within the project area when possible
- Recommend that contractors and subcontractors take the positive and inclusive steps listed above.