Paterson Habitat for Humanity helps individuals and families achieve strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter.
As active participants in building a better future for themselves and their families, qualified Habitat homebuyers are:
In need of better housing
- Potential homebuyers might be dealing with poorly made, unhealthy or inadequate housing; unaffordable rent; homes inaccessible for their disabilities or damaged by natural disasters; or have other shelter needs.
Willing to partner with Habitat
- Habitat homebuyers put in hundreds of hours of "sweat equity" helping build their home and the homes of others in the program. This might also include classes in personal finances, home maintenance and other homeownership topics.
Able to pay an affordable mortgage
- Habitat offers homebuyers an affordable mortgage. Their mortgage payments cycle back into the community to help build more affordable homes.
We build primarily affordable, energy-efficient homes in the 1st and 4th Wards of Paterson. Types of housing and housing location are dependent upon our current projects.
With a Paterson Habitat for Humanity home, your monthly housing costs are no more than 30% of your total household income. Paterson Habitat offers 1% down payment, 30-year, 0% interest mortgage.
Requirements for Paterson Habitat Homebuyers:
- Meet HUD established house hold income guidelines
- Provide 1% deposit
- Establish a monthly savings account
- Complete 400 hours of sweat equity
- Have no accounts in collection, no charge-offs or unsatisfied public records
- No bankruptcies in the last 3 years
To see if you qualify for a Paterson Habitat home and for more information, please call 973-595-6868 x113 or email email@example.com
Please fill-out an Application Request Form* to have an application mailed to you.
*Filling out the application request does not mean you have applied for the program.